What’s it all about?
“It’s about the blokes, our men and women of the Armed Forces. It’s about Derek, a rugby player who has lost both his legs, it’s about Carl whose jaw is wired up so he has been drinking through a straw. It’s about Richard who was handed a mobile phone as he lay on the stretcher so he could say goodbye to his wife. It’s about Ben, it’s about Steven and Andy and Mark, it’s about them all. They are just blokes but they are our blokes; they are our heroes. And we want to help our heroes.”
Help for Heroes in a nut shell:
- It’s about ‘the blokes’: those men and women of our Armed Forces who have been wounded in the service of our country since 9/11.
- H4H provides direct, practical support for our wounded. They fund projects & initiatives that make a real difference to the lives of our wounded heroes.
- They do not seek to criticise or be political. They just want to help – they work closely with the Army, Navy and RAF to provide support where it is most needed.
- ‘Money in, money out’. They spend all that they get, plus all their admin costs are covered by selling H4H merchandise through Help for Heroes Trading.
- It’s about doing your bit, no matter how big or small. Every fundraiser is special to them and can make a real difference, so jump on board!
Help for Heroes [21:21] Challenge